CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Magic Math FREEBIE!


Happy New Year!  I wanted to celebrate 2013 by posting a fun math FREEBIE

My kids love doing these math tricks!  This fun activity guides kids through a series of math operations (addition, subtraction, and simple doubling and dividing) to yield a number surprise! Basically they start with a given number (the year 2013) and end with the same number IF the math steps are done correctly.  I like it because it’s almost self-checking and motivates students to work diligently through the math operations.  I love the “oohs” and “ahhs” from them when they see what happens with their answer!


A great review activity for accurate computation, and I’ve included some extension questions for higher-level thinking!  Kids can go the next step of explaining why this math trick works (because the net change is zero when an operation is done and then undone).  Better yet, students can come up with their own math trick to share with the class!  Download your FREE copy at my TPT store here, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 comments:

Post a Comment