CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 12, 2012

Turkey Math!


Whew—blogging has gotten away from me these last two weeks, and I’ve MISSED it! It’s been a hectic few weeks, and it’s so nice to finally sit down and post.  J

We have been busy in 3rd grade finishing up a subtraction with regrouping unit, and are heading into the Thanksgiving holiday next week.  What better practice than to send students “shopping” for Thanksgiving meal goodies, all with real-world prices and holiday menu story problems?  I created this Thanksgiving Grocery Shopping Math activity last year, and had a lot of fun with it!  It was great practice for the kids.  As they  practiced adding and subtracting prices, it was interesting to see them realize just how much a turkey dinner can cost! J






If you’d like to check out Thanksgiving Grocery Shopping Math, check out my TPT store HERE.   The set includes a Smart notebook file with grocery store prices, an activity sheet with story problems, and answer key.  Best of all, this and my Thanksgiving Favorites Bar Graph Activity are 20% off now through Wednesday!  Gobble on over and check ‘em out! J

2 comments:

Charlotte

I'm nominating your blog for a Liebster Award. Hop on over to my blog to check it out!
Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

I'm checking out the Thanksgiving shopping!

Unknown

Thanks so much Charlotte~I appreciate that! Checking out your blog too!

Post a Comment