CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Skeleton Sentences


Yikes!  The Halloween candy is out in full force at the grocery store.  I will need to bypass those aisles for the awhile…

With spooky stuff coming up later this month, I’ll soon be using cute little skeletons to help my kiddos write more elaborate sentences.  What do skeletons have to do with writing?  Well, they’re a great intro to “bare bones” plain sentences that leave readers wanting more.  When kids learn about “skeleton sentences,” they can start to think about how to add more descriptive words to make their sentences even stronger. 





I had a little too much fun making a Smart notebook for this “Skeleton Sentence” set.  It has an interactive “x-ray machine” where kids can slide the sentences through the machine to see them appear!  There’s some other hide-and-reveal talking points too, and ways to do guided practice as a class.  I’ve also included 2 practice printables where students can extend their “skeleton sentences” into stronger, more elaborate ones.  I can’t wait to see how this helps my kids write with more detail!   If you’d like to try Skeleton Sentences with your class, click HERE to get a copy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment